September 16, 2012

Priyanka Chopra makes singing debut

Priyanka Chopra says she fulfilled her father’s long cherished dream of becoming a singer.

Actress Priyanka Chopra, who made her singing debut through international music single  In My City , said today that she fulfilled her father Dr Ashok Chopra s long cherished dream of becoming a singer. "My parents were very emotional when they heard my song. This was my dad s dream.

My dad was not all that happy when I became an actor and won national awards, like he is today" Priyanka told reporters at the unveiling of the album. "My father is an incredible singer. I am happy and overwhelmed that my family and friends are here. I am feeling like a newcomer...I am feeling it is my first film," she said.

Priyanka insisted the album is Indian at heart. "The heart of this album is Indian. It is a desi girl album. We will be shooting the video soon, we are planning things about the album, we will try and add some Bollywood elements to it. I am very nervous, I am shivering a lot," she said.

Priyanka revealed that she never thought of becoming a singer. "I never thought I would be a professional singer, also I never thought I would become an actor. If not this then I would be an engineer. I have never sung professionally...I never knew I would be doing it. I can t believe this is my event and I am overwhelmed," she said.

"I grew up listening to music from my parents. My father used to listen to Mohammed Rafi and my mother used to listen to international music bands like Beatles and Metallic," she said. This is just the beginning of my journey in the world of music," she said. The album will be available across all physical and digital platforms tomorrow exclusively on Universal music. - Dunya News

ShareThis

Recommended Post Slide Out For Blogger